Pedestrian Hit by Semi Truck in Minnetonka
A semi truck traveling on Interstate 494 in Minnetonka, Minnesota struck a pedestrian near the intersection of I-494 and Orchard Road. The pedestrian suffered serious injuries and was taken to a nearby hospital, local news sources report.
Truck-Pedestrian Accident, Injury and Death Information
The truck accident lawyers at Pritzker Olsen attorneys have won several million-dollar settlements for pedestrians hit by semi trucks, including:
- $1,536,921 when a garbage truck hit a man in a wheel chair as he was trying to cross a busy road. The victim suffered a hip fracture and had to undergo surgery, and experienced further disability in the future due to the injury.
- $1,700,000 for a man run over by a semi-tractor while he stood by the roadside to help a victim of an earlier accident. He never fully recovered from his internal and orthopedic injuries.
Pedestrians run over by semi trucks or tractor-trailer trucks may be able to file a lawsuit against the truck driver, the trucking company and others. They can sue liable parties for “damages” or monetary compensation for things such as:
- Past, present and future medical expenses
- Loss of wages and future earnings
- Other out-of pocket expenses
- “No fault” benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Disability and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Interference with family relationships (spouse, child, etc.)